Prepare comprehensive implementation plan
- 2.1. Assess current country plans, policies, practices, and capacities
- 2.2. Compile lessons learned and good practices from ongoing and previous sustainable development efforts in the country
- 2.3. Assess public and private sector capacity to support initiatives
- 2.4. Assess and improve the national GHG inventory and other economic and resource data as needed for LEDS development
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory Development Toolkit
- 3a. Analytical Decision Making - Developing BAU Scenario
- 3b. Analytical Decision Making - Assessing Opportunities
- 3b.1. Assess technical potential for sector technologies
- Renewable Energy Technical Potential Toolkit
- Building Energy Assessment Toolkit
- Power System Screening and Design Toolkit
- Land Use Assessment Toolkit
- Bioenergy Assessment Toolkit
- Transportation Assessment Toolkit
- 3b.2. Assess economic and market potential of technologies and initiatives
- Clean Energy Market Analysis Toolkit
- 3b.3. Prioritize development options
- 3c. Analytical Decision Making - Developing and Assessing Low Emissions Development Scenarios
- 3c.1. Develop low emissions growth scenarios
- 3c.2. Assess institutional framework for LEDS
- Financing Initiatives Toolkit
- Policy and Program Design Toolkit
- 3c.3. Assess in-depth contributions of selected scenarios to goals across sectors
- Land-use Scenario Analysis Toolkit
- Energy System and Scenario Analysis Toolkit
- 3c.4. Perform multi-criteria impact analysis and assess stakeholder responses
- Clean Energy Impact Assessment Tool
- Sustainable Land-use Impact Assessment Toolkit
4.2 Prepare comprehensive implementation plan
4.2.1 Select initial priority actions for near term implementation
- Launch of high priority near-term actions
It is important that near-term actions are chosen immediately to ensure that the plan moves from a document to actual projects and implementation.
4.2.2 Begin work on implementation plan
At this step, stakeholders will bring together each of the implementation plans identified in stage 4.8 into a coherent implementation plan for the entire economy involving multiple government agencies and including specific plans related to timeframe, budgets, and capacity building.
- Develop a LEDS implementation plan that includes plans for implementing specific actions, including measurable, objective benchmarks for monitoring progress
- Develop a LEDS financing plan that seeks to harness public and private sector, domestic and international, financial and revenue flows.
- Choice of actions, and creation of implementation plans, should be done with wide stakeholder consultation with a view to building enthusiasm and buy-in towards implementing the plan.
- Select initial priority actions for near-term implementation
- Plan review with stakeholders and refinement
- Secure resources and partnerships for initial priority actions
- Seek decision maker endorsement and commitment to implement priority actions
- Establish process for an annual stakeholder review of progress and for refining the plan
The following resources provide more detail on the type on information to be included in the comprehensive implementation plan.
The following documents provide examples of country or state specific implementation plans for low emission development strategies.
4.2.3 Plan review with stakeholders and refinement
Stakeholders can do a final review of the comprehensive implementation plan and make any final refinements before securing high level endorsement and publishing the report.