From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Solar‎ | California

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

California Solar Waste & Hazardous Material Assessment(18-CA)

Developers must obtain a Hazardous Waste Permit from the California Environmental Protection Agency Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) if their project requires storage, treatment, or disposal of hazardous wastes. 22 CCR § 66270.1. In California, the permitting program imposes regulatory requirements matching the degree of risk posed by the level of hazardous waste. Developers will be required to obtain one of the following: Full Permit, Standardized Permit, or Onsite Treatment Permit. Developers must submit an application for a Hazardous Waste Permit to DTSC for review. DTSC will review the application for completeness and conduct an initial review. Developers may be required to participate in a public hearing.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.