Category:Smart Grid Projects in United States

From Open Energy Information


Loading map...

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act allocates $3.4 billion in Smart Grid Investment Grant funds towards large and small Smart Grid projects. It is designed to quickly implement various aspects of smart grid technology into the nation’s existing electric grid infrastructure. The Department of Energy (DOE) has highlighted several specific funding areas: Equipment Manufacturing, Customer Systems, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Electric Distributions Systems, Electric Transmission Systems, and Integrated and Crosscutting Systems. The grants will cover up to 50% of the cost of a given project. The DOE is allocating up to $3.4 billion towards two types of grant projects: smaller and larger. Smaller projects would have the federal share range from $300,000 to $20,000,000 while larger projects would range from $20,000,000 to $200,000,000. About 25% of SGIG funding will go towards smaller projects; the remaining 75% will be devoted to larger projects.

Add a Smart Grid project

Pages in category "Smart Grid Projects in United States"

The following 130 pages are in this category, out of 130 total.