From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

California Geothermal Waste & Hazardous Material Assessment(18-CA)

Developers must obtain a Hazardous Waste Permit from the California Environmental Protection Agency Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) if their project requires storage, treatment, or disposal of hazardous wastes. 22 CCR § 66270.1. In California, the permitting program imposes regulatory requirements matching the degree of risk posed by the level of hazardous waste. Developers will be required to obtain one of the following: Full Permit, Standardized Permit, or Onsite Treatment Permit. Developers must submit an application for a Hazardous Waste Permit to DTSC for review. DTSC will review the application for completeness and conduct an initial review. Developers may be required to participate in a public hearing.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources