PowerHouse Dynamics Inc
Powerhouse Dynamics is a privately held technology firm focused on using cloud-based controls and analytics to deliver energy and operational efficiencies to its customers. Thousands of locations, including restaurants, convenience stores, retailers, and others, use the SiteSage platform (formerly known as the eMonitor) to save money by centralizing control, analysis, and management of energy-consuming equipment. Engineered specifically for smaller facilities, SiteSage features powerful analytics delivered via simple online and mobile interfaces. The system continuously improves efficiency by controlling major loads, monitoring power consumption and performance of individual pieces of equipment, and tracking gas and water usage. Advanced analytics deliver actionable intelligence via diagnostics and alerts, and SiteSage’s enterprise-wide benchmarking helps identify stars and underperforming assets. Customers include national restaurant chains such as Arby's, Texas Roadhouse, and Chili's, as well as telecom providers, retail chains, and other businesses.
Powerhouse Dynamics was founded in 2008 in Blue Hill, Maine. CEO Martin Flusberg joined in 2009 and moved the corporate offices to their current location in Newton, Massachusetts. The company's first product was the residential eMonitor, which is still available and supported, and is sold by PowerWise Systems and Amazon.com, among others. In 2011, the company released the commercial version of the eMonitor, the c-Series, serving companies managing large portfolios of small commercial properties. In 2012, Ingersoll Rand announced a strategic investment in Powerhouse Dynamics. In 2014, the eMonitor was renamed SiteSage.
Primary Product: SiteSage
SiteSage offers remote monitoring, HVAC and equipment control, automated analytics, and configurable alerts to enable large companies to effectively manage small, geographically dispersed assets. SiteSage's patented analysis identifies underperforming equipment, hidden issues such as short cycling, and system inefficiencies that add to energy and operational costs and, over time, cause system failures. The system, installed in thousands of locations, has under a 2-year ROI, often paying for itself in as little as 9 months. SiteSage is cloud-based and allows monitoring and control via the web or iPhone and Android apps.
The SiteSage system includes electrical sensors which are attached to circuits in facility electrical panels during installation. Sensors are then attached to an energy monitor, which connects wirelessly with an included gateway to provide two-way cloud-based communications. In addition, the platform includes optional controllers for any electrical equipment, temperature sensors, wireless thermostats, water and gas meters, and pressure sensors. The platform works both with single-phase electric power and with three-phase electric power systems and can also monitor renewable power such as a solar inverter. The system architecture is scalable to manage facilities up to about 25,000 SF.
Reporting is available on a real-time basis via a web dashboard and mobile apps. Alerts are automatically generated based on user-specified conditions, and are delivered via email and/or text message. Periodic reports are also sent by email. Analytics modules include:
- Food Safety
- HVAC Monitoring and Analysis
- Wireless Thermostat Control
- Enterprise-wide Benchmarking and Ranking
- Water Monitoring and Analysis
- Gas Monitoring and Analysis
- Security Monitoring and Analysis
- Lighting Monitoring, Control, and Analysis
- Equipment-level Monitoring, Control, and Analysis
The differences between SiteSage and a legacy energy management system include SiteSage's wireless connectivity (via Z-Wave or WiFi), order-of-magnitude lower cost, speed of installation, apps and remote portal access, and granular management (individual pieces of equipment may be managed to give facility owners an in-depth understanding of how each is functioning).
SiteSage (then called eMonitor) has been selected twice by AlwaysOn GoingGreen as a Global 200 Winner and is the first energy and asset management system to be endorsed by the Green Restaurant Association.
- "Powerhouse Dynamics Inc"
- (2013-9-19). "Arby's Installs New Energy Monitoring Platform in Restaurants - Green Retail Decisions"
- (2011-09-12). "How to Reduce Energy Use at Home - WSJ.com"
- (2013 May/June). "Special Focus Trends & Trendmakers - New England Home"
- (2012-08-07). "Ingersoll Rand Invests in Powerhouse Dynamics and the Connected Home - Greentech Media"
- (2013-5-30). "Restaurant Chain Sees 1 Year Payback of Energy Management System - Energy Manager Today"
- (2012-10-11). "Updated eMonitor App Allows Drilling Down to See Energy Use for Individual Circuits - GreenTech Advocates"
- (2013-7-11). "eMonitor Adds Food Safety Tool - QSRweb.com"
- (2012-11-30). "Announcing the 2012 GoingGreen Global 200 Top Private Companies | AlwaysOn Network"
- (2013-4-30). "Restaurant Group Endorses eMonitor - Energy Manager Today"
- Powerhouse Dynamics website
- SiteSage on Twitter
- SiteSage on Facebook
- Powerhouse Dynamics on LinkedIn
Director of Marketing
- Helen Fairman