Green Button Gamer
Hi, this is Green Button Gamer. It's a social energy app that let's utility customers compete in 30 day energy reduction challenges against their friends, co-workers, or even a random opponent. Will customers turn off the AC or stop leaving the light's on? Green Button Gamer is ready to prove it by getting people excited and involved, in a fun and easy to use App. Will You GBG?
The App, instructions, sample data sets, entry video, social links, the GBG rap, and more info can be found on our website: www.greenbuttongamer.com
How-To (text version of video)
- Download Green Button Gamer from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gbg
- After installing Green Button Gamer on your Android device, launch it.
- Click "Sign Up" and enter the requested info and click register.
- Fill in all fields, select or take picture for your profile, and click save.
- Click the "Options" button on your Android device and select "Logout"
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create a new user.
- Click "Create Challenge". Enter the username used in step 3. Click the button that shows the current date and select May 14, 2012. Then click "Challenge!"
- Click the challenge that was just created. Choose "Sample Data" from the pop-up list. Use a browser that will allow you to download a .zip file. We've had success with Dolphin, SkyFire, and the default on a Motorola Atrix. Scroll to bottom and click "User 1 - SDG&E Feb 1 to May 14 2012". Select the file from the notification when it finishes downloading. Open with Green Button Gamer. When the upload is complete you should see a message pop-up that says "Upload successful"
- Click the "Options" button on your Android device and select "Logout".
- Login in using the username/password that you created in step 3
- Repeat step 8 only use " User 2 - SDG&E Feb 1 to May 14 2012" this time.
- The challenge is over. Click the challenge and a chart will be displayed.