Licking Rural Electric Inc
LRE is a cooperative that distributes electricity to over 25,000 consumers in 9 counties in Central Ohio. In 1936 a group of farmers in Licking and Knox counties decided to take advantage of a federal program offered by the Rural Electrification Administration (REA) and formed an electric Cooperative. LRE was organized in 1936 with the first office located in Newark, Ohio. At inception, 5 people were employed to service 410 members and 143 miles of electric line. The George Conrad Farm on Smoketown Road was the first energized. For 40 years, the office was located one mile south of Utica, Ohio on State Route 13 and was built in 1959. Since the acquisition of National Gas and their subsidiaries, LRE has moved their head-quarters back to Newark, Ohio. LRE recently added 270 new services to its system. LRE owns, operates, and maintains 32 miles of transmission line, 3,072 miles of distribution lines, 19 substations, and three switching stations.
Utility Rate Schedules