Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development
Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development is an organization based in Salem, Oregon: Energy Resources.
- Provide a healthy environment;
- Sustain a prosperous economy;
- Ensure a desirable quality of life; and
- Provide fairness and equity to all Oregonians.
Secure Oregon's Legacy
- Conserve coastal, farm, forest, riparian and other resource lands.
- Promote a sense of place in the built and natural environments.
- Protect unique and threatened resources by guiding development to less sensitive areas.
Promote Sustainable, Vibrant Communities
- Integrate land use, transportation and public facilities planning.
- Provide for housing choices.
- Encourage economic development.
Engage Citizens and Stakeholders in Continued Improvements of Oregon's Land Use Planning Program
- Support regional perspectives and strengths.
- Ensure equitable application of regulatory programs.
- Develop strong, collaborative partnerships with citizens and communities.
Provide Timely and Dynamic Leadership
- Develop and coordinate strategic initiatives with other state agencies and local governments.
- Seek solutions that address immediate and long-range challenges including climate change, in collaboration with local governments, community and academic partners.
Deliver Resources and Services that are Efficient, Outcome-Based and Professional
- Provide local government with services and resources to support their comprehensive planning process.
- Communicate with the public in a timely and transparent manner.
- Focus on communications, staff training and administrative systems to ensure continued improvement of customer service.
Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development - General Information