Oman Ministry of Oil and Gas
From Open Energy Information
The Oman Ministry of Oil and Gas is located in Muscat, Oman.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement plans and policies to ensure optimum exploitation of oil and gas.
- Prepare legislation and regulations governing oil and gas.
- Oversee oil and gas exploration and production activities.
- Establish "Petroleum Agreements" with oil and gas companies.
- Assess available petroleum sources, and ensure optimum utilization.
- Analyze the world market for oil and gas to guide marketing efforts of Oman's crude oil.
- Minister's Advisor of Administrative Affairs: coordinates between petroleum companies in the Sultanate and local community companies within the concession areas (contact: email@example.com)
- Department of Information and Foreign Organizations: responsible for data and statistical information related to the oil and gas sector (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of Petroleum Concessions: responsible for marketing of open concession areas to international companies (contact: email@example.com)
- Department of Companies' Tenders Follow Up: responsible for registering local and international oil and gas companies (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)