"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- IAEA Selects Best Visualizations of Atoms4Climate
- Science communication is no simple task — complex concepts must be made easy to understand for audiences of varied backgrounds.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/...
- 2019-10-22 13:00:00
- IAEA Board of Governors Begins Balloting for Director General Appointment
- The IAEA Board of Governors today began the first steps of the balloting process for the appointment of a new Director General.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/Dy...
- 2019-10-21 15:45:00
- Experts Discuss Design Options for Future Fusion Power Plant
- The design of a future Demonstration Fusion Power Plant (DEMO) was the topic of discussion at an IAEA workshop held in in Moscow, Russia, earlier this month. Researchers are currently developing di...
- 2019-10-21 09:45:00
- IAEA Partners with Prominent US Research Hospital to Tackle Childhood Cancers in Developing Countries
- The IAEA and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital are joining forces to combat childhood cancers in developing countries, where children are four times more likely to die of the disease than in...
- 2019-10-18 09:00:00
- IAEA LEU Bank Becomes Operational with Delivery of Low Enriched Uranium
- The IAEA took delivery of a shipment of low enriched uranium (LEU) at a purpose-built facility in Kazakhstan today, officially establishing the IAEA LEU Bank aimed at providing assurance to countri...
- 2019-10-17 10:15:00
- IAEA Mission Sees Safety Commitment by France’s Civaux NPP, Encourages Continued Improvement
- An IAEA team of experts said the operator of France’s Civaux Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) demonstrated a commitment to safety. The team encouraged the plant to continue its operational safety improv...
- 2019-10-17 10:00:00
- World Cancer Leaders’ Summit: IAEA Highlights Key Role of Radiation Medicine in Universal Health Care
- The IAEA has highlighted the essential contribution of radiotherapy and nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer and underlined its ongoing commitment to supporting national efforts to en...
- 2019-10-16 12:00:00
- From Field to Table: Nuclear Techniques Toward Zero Hunger
- Today on World Food Day, the IAEA, in cooperation with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), shares some examples of how nuclear science can help counteract food insecu...
- 2019-10-16 09:00:00
- IAEA Board Members Hold New Straw Poll on Director General Candidates
- The IAEA Board of Governors today conducted another straw poll on the candidates that have been nominated for the post of Director General, as part of informal consultations related to the appointm...
- 2019-10-15 14:00:00
- A Bird's Eye View of Safety at Multi-Unit Nuclear Power Plants: IAEA Develops Safety Assessment Methodology
- Experts assessing the safety of a nuclear power plant (NPP) with multiple reactors must look at the site from a bird’s eye view, carefully considering how an accident damaging one element of a pl...
- 2019-10-15 09:45:00
- IAEA Launches Student Competition for Innovative IT Projects Supporting Education in Nuclear Technology
- The IAEA is organizing an international student competition inviting secondary school students aged between 14-18 to design and develop an original project on the use of digital technologies to sup...
- 2019-10-14 13:00:00
- IAEA Climate Conference Ends with Call for Major Nuclear Role
- As global carbon dioxide emissions continue to rise sharply despite increasing use of renewables, the nuclear power industry is looking to lessons from its past success as well as innovations on th...
- 2019-10-11 10:45:00
- IAEA Board Members Hold Straw Poll on Director General Candidates
- As part of ongoing informal consultations related to the appointment process, the IAEA Board of Governors today conducted a straw poll on the four candidates that have been nominated for the post o...
- 2019-10-10 13:45:00
- Young Generation Discusses Atoms4Climate
- Nuclear energy is an integral part of the world’s clean energy future and will require committed and highly skilled young professionals to reach its full potential. That was a key message heard a...
- 2019-10-10 12:15:00
- China Highlights Nuclear Innovation to Meet Climate Goals at IAEA Conference
- China’s initiatives to address climate change with nuclear power, including through the development of innovative reactor technologies, were the focus of an event held on the sidelines of the Int...
- 2019-10-09 16:00:00
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"