"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- New Members Elected to IAEA Board of Governors
- Eleven countries have been newly elected to serve on the 35-member IAEA Board of Governors for the period 2017-2018.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/mksGoq7XuHI&q...
- 2017-09-21 10:00:00
- Engaging the Young Generation, Ensuring the Future of Nuclear Energy
- A highly skilled workforce is vital to the future of any industry, and the nuclear sector is no exception. The side event “The Future of Nuclear Energy: Engaging the Young Generation,” held on...
- 2017-09-21 09:15:00
- General Conference Day 3 Highlights
- A summary of the highlights from the third day of the IAEA General Conference including information on the 2017 Scientific Forum and other side events that took place<img src="http://fe...
- 2017-09-20 17:00:00
- Nuclear Technology Helps Southeast Asia Boost Climate-Proof Rice, Experts Demonstrate
- Nuclear technology has helped farmers grow rice that can cope with the diverse effects of climate change, scientists demonstrated today during an event held on the sidelines of the IAEA’s 61st Ge...
- 2017-09-20 16:30:00
- Joint Convention on Spent Fuel and Radioactive Waste Safety Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Delegates from IAEA Member States celebrated the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management at an...
- 2017-09-20 13:30:00
- Two Decades of Regulatory Cooperation to Strengthen Safety: Ibero-American Forum Turns 20
- For 20 years, regulatory agencies in 10 countries in the Ibero-American region have worked to help each other strengthen the region’s nuclear and radiation safety.<img src="http://fee...
- 2017-09-20 11:30:00
- Meeting the Challenge of Future Nuclear Decommissioning through Education and Training
- Availability of qualified and trained personnel is critical to the success of decommissioning programmes, experts agreed at an event on the sidelines of the IAEA’s 61st General Conference yesterd...
- 2017-09-20 11:00:00
- New Application Increases Efficiency and Effectiveness of Safeguards Verification
- The IAEA’s in-field verification activities to monitor the peaceful uses of nuclear technology are taking a step further into a paper-free world with a new tool introduced earlier this year, dele...
- 2017-09-20 08:00:00
- General Conference Day 2 Highlights
- A summary of the highlights from the second day of the IAEA General Conference including information on the 2017 Scientific Forum and other side events that took place.<img src="http://...
- 2017-09-19 16:45:00
- Advanced Nuclear Technologies can Help Achieve a Carbon-Free Energy Future
- Innovation in the nuclear sector is vital to fulfil its potential in combatting climate change, agreed panellists at a side event held on the margins of the IAEA General Conference today.<img sr...
- 2017-09-19 13:00:00
- Nuclear Operators Forum Discusses Challenges in Finding and Retaining Talent
- People, people, people. This is what the future of the nuclear industry comes down to, discussed participants at the seventh Nuclear Operator Organizations Cooperation Forum today.<img src="...
- 2017-09-19 12:30:00
- IAEA Event Emphasizes Gender Parity as Crucial for Innovation and Organizational Excellence
- Gender parity is crucial to fostering innovation in science, technology, engineering and mathematics and in enabling organizations to perform measurably better, panellists agreed at an event focuse...
- 2017-09-19 12:00:00
- Nuclear High Temperature Heat Could Replace Fossil Fuels in Industry, Mitigate Climate Change
- An advanced technology that uses nuclear energy to produce high temperature heat for industry could be an important tool in cutting carbon dioxide emissions worldwide, said experts at an IAEA round...
- 2017-09-19 11:30:00
- Step into the World of Nuclear Security Training — Online, Mobile and in 3-D
- A 3-D fictional nuclear facility, online training courses and a mobile app were on the agenda of a session dedicated to discussing the latest trends in nuclear security training at the 61st IAEA G...
- 2017-09-19 11:00:00
- Nuclear Techniques in Human Health: Scientific Forum Opens
- The use of nuclear techniques in human health helps to save millions of lives every year and the IAEA works with national governments to increase countries’ expertise in radiotherapy, nuclear med...
- 2017-09-19 09:00:00
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"