"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- Statement to Sixty-Third Regular Session of IAEA General Conference
- Statement to the Sixty-Third Regular Session of the IAEA General Conference 2019 by IAEA Acting Director General Cornel Feruta.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/Yc...
- 2019-09-16 08:30:00
- IAEA General Conference Elects Alicia Buenrostro Massieu of Mexico as Conference President
- The 63rd IAEA General Conference elected Alicia Buenrostro Massieu of Mexico as its President.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/JJbCsJSkWV0" height="1&qu...
- 2019-09-16 08:15:00
- 63rd IAEA General Conference to Begin on Monday; Acting DG Calls for Renewed Commitment to Mandate
- Strengthening the effectiveness of safeguards implementation and making more use of nuclear science and technology for development are some of the topics that delegates from the IAEA’s Member Sta...
- 2019-09-12 18:45:00
- Peer Review Service for Emergency Preparedness and Response Reaches 20 Year Milestone
- A review service assessing emergency preparedness for nuclear and radiological emergencies in countries around the world is 20 years old this year. Itcontinues to generate interest from Member Stat...
- 2019-09-12 09:15:00
- U.S. Grant Helps Optimize Nuclear Technique to Reduce Disease-Transmitting Mosquito Populations
- Using a nuclear technique applied at a large scale against agricultural pests around the world to control disease-transmitting mosquitoes has been an elusive goal for scientists over the last decad...
- 2019-09-11 14:15:00
- From Constant Pain to Walking again: The Story of a Radiation Patient
- In 1997, a radiological accident in Lilo, Georgia resulted in the exposure of 11 people to high doses of radiation over an extended period of time.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/...
- 2019-09-11 07:30:00
- IAEA Releases New Projections for Nuclear Power Through 2050
- The IAEA has released its latest projections for energy, electricity and nuclear power trends through 2050.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/28JdpSlhGwQ" heig...
- 2019-09-10 14:00:00
- Call for Papers: International Conference on Nuclear Knowledge Management and Human Resources Development
- Interested contributors have until 15 December 2019 to submit abstracts for the IAEA International Conference on Nuclear Knowledge Management and Human Resources Development: Challenges and Opportu...
- 2019-09-10 07:45:00
- Iran's Full and Timely Cooperation is Essential, Acting Director General Tells Board
- Iran needs to cooperate with the IAEA fully and in a timely fashion, IAEA Acting Director General Cornel Feruta told the Agency’s Board of Governors today.<img src="http://feeds.feedb...
- 2019-09-09 13:45:00
- IAEA Acting Director General Holds High-level Meetings in Iran
- Acting Director General Cornel Feruta visited Iran on 8 September 2019, and met with Vice-President and President of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran Ali Akbar Salehi, Foreign Minister Mohamm...
- 2019-09-08 10:15:00
- Candidates for IAEA Director General Nominated
- The governments of Argentina, Burkina Faso, Romania and Slovakia have submitted candidates for IAEA Director General to the Agency's Board of Governors.<img src="http://feeds.feedbu...
- 2019-09-06 12:30:00
- Nuclear Techniques Help Develop New Sorghum Lines Resistant to the Parasitic Weed Striga
- Farmers in Africa will soon benefit from new sorghum varieties resistant to Striga — also known as witchweed — one of the most devasting parasitic weeds that impact crop yields on the continent...
- 2019-09-05 13:00:00
- France's Efficiency in the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: What Can 'Oui' Learn?
- With 58 nuclear power reactors producing nearly 72% of France’s electricity in 2018, France is one of the countries with the highest share of nuclear power in its energy production.<img src=&...
- 2019-09-04 11:00:00
- A New Vision for Cancer Treatment: Image Guided Brachytherapy
- Advances in technology have helped to pave the way for techniques like image guided brachytherapy (IGBT) that are leading to better outcomes and offering a better quality of life for patients.<i...
- 2019-09-03 11:45:00
- IAEA Advises Bangladesh on Potential Use of Nuclear Technique to Fight Dengue Mosquitoes
- Experts from the IAEA and the World Health Organization (WHO) have helped Bangladesh assess the current dengue outbreak in the country and draw up a plan to test a nuclear technique to suppress the...
- 2019-09-02 07:45:00
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"