"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- IAEA Women Leaders Share Their Journeys on International Women’s Day 2021: Panel Discussion
- The importance of diversity in leadership and its organizational benefits are some of the topics to be discussed at an IAEA online panel on 8 March to mark International Women’s Day.<img src=&...
- 2021-02-26 10:00:00
- Safe to Drink: IAEA-Supported Water Treatment Unit to Make Aquifer Waters Potable in Jordan
- In Jordan, where water scarcity is a matter of growing concern, a new groundwater treatment unit, developed with the support of the IAEA, will soon begin pumping high-quality drinking water to thou...
- 2021-02-25 14:15:00
- Deadline Extended: Call for Papers: International Conference on Radioactive Waste Management
- The deadline for interested contributors to submit abstracts for the International Conference on Radioactive Waste Management: Solutions for a Sustainable Future, to be held in Vienna, Austria from...
- 2021-02-24 09:30:00
- FAO and IAEA Reinforce Partnership, Aim to Improve Monitoring and Control of Diseases
- For more than 57 years, the partnership between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and IAEA has contributed to addressing global challenges, including food insecurity...
- 2021-02-23 15:45:00
- IAEA Launches Training Material to Strengthen Safety Culture in Medicine
- The IAEA has recently launched the Radiation Safety Culture: Trait Talks Handbook, a study manual that offers practical recommendations for medical professionals to strengthen patterns of good beha...
- 2021-02-22 12:45:00
- Joint statement by the Vice-President of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Head of the AEOI and the Director General of the IAEA
- The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) recalled and reaffirmed the spirit of cooperation and enhanced mutual trust that led to the Joint Sta...
- 2021-02-21 19:30:00
- Sterile Insect Technique to Control Emerging Global Invasion of a Drosophilid Fruit Fly
- Taking flight between rows of crops inside a greenhouse, the Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD), Drosophila suzukii, lands on blossoming berries, infesting the fresh produce and causing irreparable dest...
- 2021-02-19 11:30:00
- First IAEA Webinar to Encourage Women for Careers in Accelerator Science and Technology
- Women account for less than 30% of the world’s scientists and researchers and this percentage is even lower in nuclear physics and nuclear engineering.<img src="http://feeds.feedburne...
- 2021-02-18 11:00:00
- First Responders in Cyprus Readied for Radiological Emergencies
- When a radiological incident occurs, ambulances, police officers and fire fighters are often the first to reach the scene.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/ziERLAh...
- 2021-02-16 10:45:00
- International Childhood Cancer Day: IAEA Strengthens Support for Childhood Cancers
- The IAEA joined national governments, UN Agencies and partners in a virtual meeting to mark International Childhood Cancer Day hosted by the World Health Organization (WHO) on 15 February. Under th...
- 2021-02-15 15:00:00
- IAEA Launches Guide to Promote Recognition of Medical Physicists as Health Professionals
- A new IAEA publication provides guidance for the certification of clinical medical physicists as part of efforts to address a shortage of qualified professionals in the field around the world. Medi...
- 2021-02-15 10:45:00
- IAEA Informed that there has been no Damage to the Nuclear Power Plants on the East Coast of Japan following 7.1 magnitude earthquake
- The Nuclear Regulatory Authority of Japan has informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that there has been no damage to the nuclear plants Fukushima Daiichi, Fukushima Daini and Onaga...
- 2021-02-13 22:00:00
- Mexico Informs IAEA About Recovery of Stolen Radioactive Source
- The Comision Nacional de Seguridad Nuclear y Salvaguardias (CNSNS), the Mexican nuclear regulator, has informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that a radioactive source stolen during...
- 2021-02-12 18:00:00
- How do COVID-19 tests work? RT-PCR explained.
- Polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, was developed to identify a small fragment of a virus and create multiple copies, making detection easier. PCR is the gold standard in testing for COVID-19 and ot...
- 2021-02-12 13:00:00
- Women and Girls in Science: How the IAEA has Contributed to the Development of Scientists over the Years
- Science is a collaborative field that benefits from diverse perspectives and experience. And yet, a persistent gender gap exists: Women account for less than 30 per cent of the world’s scientists...
- 2021-02-11 09:45:00
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"