"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- General Conference Day 5 Highlights
- A summary of the highlights from the fifth day of the IAEA General Conference that includes information on side events that took place.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNe...
- 2017-09-22 15:00:00
- Resolutions Adopted to Strengthen Nuclear Safety, Security, Science and Technology: IAEA 61st General Conference Concludes
- Measures to strengthen international cooperation in nuclear safety and security and to further nuclear science and technology in both nuclear power and non-power nuclear applications were the focus...
- 2017-09-22 13:30:00
- New IAEA Self-Assessment Methodology and Enhancing SMR Licensing Discussed at Regulatory Cooperation Forum
- A new IAEA safety culture self-assessment methodology and a pilot project on the licensing of small modular reactors (SMRs) were highlighted at the eighth IAEA Regulatory Cooperation Forum (RCF), h...
- 2017-09-22 12:30:00
- Supplies of Key Medical Isotopes Stable, but Vulnerabilities Remain
- After nearly a decade of looming shortages, supplies of critical medical isotopes have stayed stable, but vulnerabilities remain, explained experts during a side event at the IAEA’s 61st General...
- 2017-09-22 12:00:00
- General Conference Day 4 Highlights
- A summary of the highlights from the fourth day of the IAEA General Conference that includes information on side events that took place.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopN...
- 2017-09-21 17:00:00
- Atoms for Health – Conclusions from the 2017 Scientific Forum
- Nuclear medicine has a key role to play and should be a major element in healthcare systems, but substantial costs and a lack of skilled practitioners often pose a challenge to ensure wide applicat...
- 2017-09-21 16:45:00
- Global Network Meeting Highlights Knowledge Transfer and Capacity Building in Nuclear Safety
- The fourth plenary meeting of the Global Nuclear Safety and Security Network (GNSSN) this week highlighted knowledge transfer and capacity building as key components of nuclear or radiation safety...
- 2017-09-21 14:30:00
- Argentina, IAEA Review Work on Radiation Safety
- Officials from the IAEA and Argentina’s Nuclear Regulatory Authority reviewed the interim results of the IAEA’s support to work done in Argentina to bolster the country’s nuclear regulatory f...
- 2017-09-21 13:00:00
- Advances in Nuclear Medicine: the Use of Molecular Imaging to Diagnose Dementia
- There is no cure for many neuropsychiatric diseases such as Alzheimer’s, but accurate diagnosis is important in order to manage patient care.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/I...
- 2017-09-21 12:30:00
- New Members Elected to IAEA Board of Governors
- Eleven countries have been newly elected to serve on the 35-member IAEA Board of Governors for the period 2017-2018.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/mksGoq7XuHI&q...
- 2017-09-21 10:00:00
- Engaging the Young Generation, Ensuring the Future of Nuclear Energy
- A highly skilled workforce is vital to the future of any industry, and the nuclear sector is no exception. The side event “The Future of Nuclear Energy: Engaging the Young Generation,” held on...
- 2017-09-21 09:15:00
- General Conference Day 3 Highlights
- A summary of the highlights from the third day of the IAEA General Conference including information on the 2017 Scientific Forum and other side events that took place.<img src="http://f...
- 2017-09-20 17:00:00
- Nuclear Technology Helps Southeast Asia Boost Climate-Proof Rice, Experts Demonstrate
- Nuclear technology has helped farmers grow rice that can cope with the diverse effects of climate change, scientists demonstrated today during an event held on the sidelines of the IAEA’s 61st Ge...
- 2017-09-20 16:30:00
- Joint Convention on Spent Fuel and Radioactive Waste Safety Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Delegates from IAEA Member States celebrated the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management at an...
- 2017-09-20 13:30:00
- Two Decades of Regulatory Cooperation to Strengthen Safety: Ibero-American Forum Turns 20
- For 20 years, regulatory agencies in 10 countries in the Ibero-American region have worked to help each other strengthen the region’s nuclear and radiation safety.<img src="http://fee...
- 2017-09-20 11:30:00
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"