Compendium of US Policy Best Practices
"The Compendium of Best Practices gives concrete examples of how US states and cities are successfully promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy . It is the culmination of a process of extensive outreach, data gathering, and analysis conducted to identify the best practices, and making them accessible with easy-to-understand descriptions.
The report describes more than 20 specific practices and examples of their effective implementation in states or cities. The practices are grouped into five broad areas:
- local policies, rules and regulations
- approaches to financing renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
- practices addressing utility regulation and transmission issues
- state and local efforts to lead by example in their own operations
- three examples of exemplary low-carbon cities: San Francisco, Austin and Seattle"