Volunteer Energy Cooperative - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program (Tennessee)
Last modified on May 24, 2011.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Volunteer Energy Cooperative - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Eligible Technologies||Water Heaters, Comprehensive Measures/Whole Building|
|Energy Category||Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Water Heater: 30|
New Efficient Home: 50
|Eligible System Size||Water Heater: Must be 40 gallons or more|
|Equipment Requirements|| Many design standards must be met to qualify for the whole-house rebate. See summary below.
|Program Administrator||Volunteer Energy Cooperative|
Volunteer Energy Cooperative, in collaboration with, The Tennessee Valley Authority, offers incentives for its residential customers to inhabit energy efficient homes through their energy right Program. Rebates are available for energy efficient water heaters and new energy right homes. New homes must meet the following program standards:
- Home must have been completed for no more than 12 months
- Home must be all-electric (electric heating and cooling, water heating, dryer, etc.)
- Homes must be stick-built
- Home must have a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rating of 83 or better, typically including…
- R-30 insulation in the attic
- R-19 insulation in a cathedral ceiling
- R-13 insulation in outside walls
- R-19 floor insulation
- Windows with a U-value of .5 or lower (prefer low e glass)
- Heat pump with a SEER rating of 12 or higher
- Not more than 12.5% glass
- Agree to a TVA approved inspection
To apply for the rebate, customers should complete the New Home Inspection form after permanent power is connected to the dwelling and the heating and cooling system is operational, and return it to their local VEC office or mail it to the VEC Marketing and Economic Development Department. Rebates will be disbursed as a credit on the customers' electric bill.
|Contact Name||Marketing and Economic Development Department|
|Department||Volunteer Energy Cooperative|
|Address||PO Box 277|
|Phone|| (423) 334-1020
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.