SimCLIM 2013 GIS capabilities allow for the spatial analysis of climate variability and change and associated impacts on various social-economic sectors.
When to Use This Tool
This tool is most useful for development impacts assessments focused on:
Learn more about the topics for assessing the impacts of low-emission development strategies (LEDS).
SimCLIM 2013 can be used to:
- Describe baseline climates;
- Examine current climate variability and extremes;
- Assess risks - present and future;
- Investigate adaptation - present and future;
- Create scenarios of climate and sea-level change;
- Conduct sensitivity analyses;
- Project sectoral impacts of climate and sea level change;
- Examine risks and uncertainties; and
- Facilitate integrated impact analyses.
How to Use This Tool
Training and introduction videos offered at: https://www.youtube.com/user/CLIMsystemsLtd
Level of Expertise
Depending on the analysis, the user will input details about several different climate variables: precipitation; minimum, average and maximum temperature; relative humidity; solar radiation; wind; etc.
Examples of how SimCLIM has helped people assessing the impacts of low-emission development strategies in countries and regions:
A number of case studies are available at: http://www.climsystems.com/about/casestudies.php