Renewable Fuel Fund (Iowa)

From Open Energy Information


Last modified on May 23, 2011.

Financial Incentive Program

Place Iowa

Name Renewable Fuel Fund
Incentive Type State Loan Program
Applicable Sector Commercial, Industrial
Eligible Technologies Biomass, Ethanol, Biodiesel
Active Incentive No
Implementing Sector State/Territory
Energy Category Renewable Energy Incentive Programs
Amount 20% forgivable loan, 80% traditional loan

Maximum Incentive 520,000

Terms Interest rate typically below prime rate
Program Administrator Iowa Department of Economic Development

References DSIRE[1]


The Renewable Fuel Fund is one of two separate programs under the Value-Added Agricultural Products and Processes Financial Assistance Program. This value-added program combines forgivable and traditional loans. Approximately 20% of the money awarded to the project is in the form of a forgivable loan and the remaining 80% is a low-interest loan. The interest rate on the loan is typically lower than prime rate. Research and development projects are not eligible for this program. Past funded projects include ethanol plants, soybean processing plants and biodiesel from soybeans. The maximum amount per project is $520,000.

Incentive Contact

Contact Name Joe Jones
Department Iowa Department of Economic Development
Division Bureau of Business Finance
Address 200 E. Grand
Place Des Moines, Iowa
Zip/Postal Code 50309
Phone (515) 242-4801


  • Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.[1]


  1. 1.0 1.1  "Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)"