From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Solar‎ | Nevada

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Nevada Solar Waste & Hazardous Material Assessment(18-NV)

For projects that require the installation of an underground storage tank, developers are required to obtain approval from the NDEP. Developers may also be required to obtain a Hazardous Waste Permit and a Waste Disposal Permit.

The NDEP administers the Underground Storage Tank (UST) Program for the State of Nevada. Before any underground storage activities commence, the developer must notify the NDEP. NRS 459.800

Developers must obtain a Hazardous Waste Permit from the NDEP if their project facility will treat, store, dispose, or transport hazardous waste. NAC 444.8458. In such cases, developers must submit a Hazardous Waste Part A Permit Application to NDEP for review. Following review, the NDEP will issue a Hazardous Waste Permit. Nevada adopts by reference, with certain modifications, Federal hazardous waste regulations. NAC 444.8458.

Within the NDEP, the Bureau of Waste Management (BWM) has a streamlined permitting process for Class III, industrial solid waste disposal, for renewable energy sources. A Class III industrial solid waste disposal permit may be required for a renewable energy resource facility if the facility generates non-hazardous industrial waste and chooses to dispose of the waste at the facility. Construction waste may also be placed in an appropriately permitted Class III disposal facility. In general, a Class III Permit must be obtained from the BWM prior to construction of any industrial solid waste disposal facility in Nevada.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.