RAPID/Hydropower/Wisconsin/Land Access

From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Wisconsin

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Wisconsin Hydropower Land Access(3-WI)

In Wisconsin, a developer may need a state land right-of-way from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources to access state forest and state park lands or a state land right-of-way from the Wisconsin Public Lands Commission to access all other state lands. A developer may also need a Utility Permit from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation to construct, operate and maintain utility facilities within a State trunk highway right-of-way. 66 Wis. Stat. §§ 66.0831.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Division of Lands, Realty, and Cadastral Survey Directory

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Resource Advisory Councils

Visit Website

Forest Service Organizational Directory

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Indian Affairs
General Contact

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Reclamation
Hydropower Program: Power Resources Office Directory

Visit Website

Edit National Park Service
Hydropower Licensing Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources