RAPID/Hydropower/Wisconsin/Construction & Transportation

From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Wisconsin

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Wisconsin Hydropower Construction & Transportation Permits(6-WI)

In Wisconsin, a hydropower developer needs an Oversize or Overweight Permit from Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) in order to move a vehicle and load on state roads that exceeds Wisconsin’s vehicle size and weight restrictions. A developer also needs a Utility Occupancy Permit from WisDOT before constructing utility facilities in a state highway right-of-way. A developer needs to obtain a Construction Stormwater Permit from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources for projects that disturb one or more acres of land.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources