RAPID/Hydropower/Washington/Pre-Existing Land Use

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Washington Hydropower Pre-Existing Land Use Assessment(13-WA)

In Washington, a person (developer) may need to obtain a Shoreline Permit or Shoreline Exemption from the local government and/or the Washington Department of Ecology (Department of Ecology) for certain project developments as indicated in the local government’s Shoreline Master Program (SMP) and/or the Shoreline Management Act (R.C.W. §§ 90.58 et seq.) (SMA). A hydropower developer may also need to obtain a Coastal Zone Certificate of Consistency (“Certificate of Consistency”) from the Washington Department of Ecology (“Department of Ecology”) for developments located within Washington’s coastal counties that involve federal activities, federal licenses or permits, and federal assistance programs. A developer should consider the project’s location to determine the land use designation and potential development restrictions.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Narrow your results (by hydropower project type)