RAPID/Hydropower/Washington/Land Access

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Washington Hydropower Land Access(3-WA)

In Washington, a hydropower developer may need a permit, lease, or right-of-way to access State lands. A developer may need a lease from the Washington Department of Natural Resources (“WDNR”) to develop a project on State-owned lands or an Aquatic Use Authorization for project activities on State-owned aquatic lands. In addition, a developer may need a Forest Practices Permit to construct access roads or transmission line right-of-ways on private and State forest land or a State Land Right-of-Way from WDNR for access across other State lands. A developer may also need a Utility Permit or Franchise from the Washington State Department of Transportation to place utility lines in a State highway right-of-way.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Division of Lands, Realty, and Cadastral Survey Directory

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Resource Advisory Councils

Visit Website

Forest Service Organizational Directory

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Indian Affairs
General Contact

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Reclamation
Hydropower Program: Power Resources Office Directory

Visit Website

Edit National Park Service
Hydropower Licensing Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources