From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Vermont

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Vermont Hydropower Transmission & Interconnection(8-VT)

In Vermont, a hydropower developer may need a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity from the Vermont Public Service Board for certain interconnection and transmission projects.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Permitting at a Glance

Certificate of Public Good/Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (Certificate): A "company" must obtain a Certificate of Public Good from the Vermont Public Service Board to construct any transmission or generation facility. 30 V.S.A. § 248 et seq.
Certificate Regulatory Agency: Public Service Board
Certificate Threshold: Before construction or operation of transmission line extension projects, or a group net-metered hydroelectric power system interconnections.
Regulated Entity Definition: A "company" includes individuals, partnerships, associations, corporations, municipalities and certain cooperatives owning or conducting any public service business.
Transmission Interconnection Request Process (Interconnection Request): Vermont does not currently have a state specific interconnection request process.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources