RAPID/Hydropower/Ohio/Land Access

From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Ohio

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Ohio Hydropower Land Access(3-OH)

In Ohio, a hydropower developer may need a permit, lease, or right-of-way to access State lands. A developer may need to obtain a Commercial Access Permit and/or a Utility Permit from the Ohio Department of Transportation to use or occupy a portion of a state road or highway right-of-way. In addition, a developer may need to obtain a lease for State-owned canal lands from the Ohio Office of Real Estate, within the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, for projects that are located in, on, or above Ohio canal land. A developer may also need to obtain a Submerged Lands Lease from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources for any structure along Lake Erie.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Division of Lands, Realty, and Cadastral Survey Directory

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Resource Advisory Councils

Visit Website

Forest Service Organizational Directory

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Indian Affairs
General Contact

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Reclamation
Hydropower Program: Power Resources Office Directory

Visit Website

Edit National Park Service
Hydropower Licensing Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources