RAPID/Hydropower/North Dakota/Land Access

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

North Dakota Hydropower Land Access(3-ND)

In North Dakota, a developer must obtain a Right-of-Way Permit from the North Dakota Department of Trust Lands prior to constructing a project on state land. N.D. Constitution Art. IX; N.D.C.C. § 15-01. A developer must also obtain a Utility Occupancy Permit from the North Dakota Department of Transportation in order to construct a transmission project in a state highway right-of-way. North Dakota Century Code § 24-01.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.