RAPID/Hydropower/North Dakota/Construction & Transportation

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

North Dakota Hydropower Construction & Transportation Permits(6-ND)

In North Dakota, a hydropower developer needs an Oversize or Overweight Permit from North Dakota Highway Patrol in order to move a vehicle and load on state roads that exceeds North Dakota’s vehicle size and weight restrictions. A developer also needs a Utility Occupancy Permit from the North Dakota Department of Transportation before constructing transmission lines in a state highway right-of-way. A developer needs to obtain a Construction Stormwater Permit from the North Dakota Department of Health for projects that disturb one or more acres of land.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources