RAPID/Hydropower/New York/Land Access

From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | New York

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

New York Hydropower Land Access(3-NY)

In New York, a hydropower developer may need a State Land Right-of-Way from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, or the appropriate state agency with jurisdiction over the land on which the proposed project will be located, in order to access state lands. A developer may also need a State Highway Encroachment Permit from the New York State Department of Transportation’s Commissioner of Transportation for projects that encroach on a state highway right-of-way.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Division of Lands, Realty, and Cadastral Survey Directory

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Resource Advisory Councils

Visit Website

Forest Service Organizational Directory

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Indian Affairs
General Contact

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Reclamation
Hydropower Program: Power Resources Office Directory

Visit Website

Edit National Park Service
Hydropower Licensing Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources