RAPID/Hydropower/Iowa/Construction & Transportation

From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Iowa

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Iowa Hydropower Construction & Transportation Permits(6-IA)

In Iowa, a hydropower developer may need a Oversize or Overweight Permit from the Iowa Department of Transportation (IowaDOT) in order to move a vehicle or load on state roads that exceeds the state’s size and weight restrictions. A developer also needs a Highway Right-of-Way Permit from IowaDOT in order to encroach on a state highway right-of-way. If the project disturbs one or more acres of the land, the developer must obtain a Construction Stormwater Permit from the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources