RAPID/Hydropower/Illinois/Construction & Transportation

From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Illinois

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Illinois Hydropower Construction & Transportation Permits(6-IL)

In Illinois, a hydropower developer may need an Oversize or Overweight Permit from Illinois Department of Transportation (IDoT) to move a vehicle or load that exceeds the state’s size and weight restrictions. A developer also needs a Utility Permit from IDoT to work within a state road’s right-of-way. A developer must obtain a Construction Stormwater Permit from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for projects that disturb one or more acres of land.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.