From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Federal

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Federal Hydropower Transmission & Interconnection(8-FD)

A hydropower developer may need to form a Large or Small Generator Interconnection Agreement with a transmission provider and/or obtain a FERC Electric Transmission Construction Permit from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.

More Information

Determine Which Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources