RAPID/Hydropower/Federal/Land Use

From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Federal

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Federal Hydropower Land Use Planning(1-FD)

A hydropower developer may need a federal Right-of-Way from the appropriate federal land management agency—such as the Bureau of Land Management or the United States Forest Service—to access federal lands. The land management agency will not issue a right-of-way unless the proposed project conforms to the agency’s Land Use Plan or the plan is amended to allow for the proposed project.

More Information

Determine Which Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit BLM
Division of Lands, Realty, and Cadastral Survey Directory

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Resource Advisory Councils

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Washington Office Directories

Visit Website

Forest Service Organizational Directory

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources