From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Federal

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Federal Hydropower Biological Resource Assessment(12-FD)

A hydropower developer may need to conduct a biological resource assessment of the proposed project area and may need to participate in consultation with the federal agency authorizing the project, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and/or NOAA Fisheries regarding the project’s potential to impact threatened or endangered species and/or essential fish habitat. Depending on the biological resources present in the project area, the developer may also need a Nonpurposeful Eagle Take Permit, an Incidental Harassment Authorization, or Incidental Take Letter of Authorization from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Additionally, the developer may need an Incidental Take Letter of Authorization from the NOAA Fisheries.

More Information

Determine Which Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit BLM
Division of Lands, Realty, and Cadastral Survey Directory

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Resource Advisory Councils

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources