RAPID/Hydropower/California/Land Access

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

California Hydropower Land Access(3-CA)

In California, a hydropower developer may need a State Land Right-of-Way from the California State Lands Commission, or other jurisdictional state agency, to access state lands. If the hydropower project will place an encroachment within, under or over a California highway right-of-way, the developer must also obtain a State Highway Encroachment Permit from the California Department of Transportation.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Division of Lands, Realty, and Cadastral Survey Directory

Visit Website

Edit BLM
Resource Advisory Councils

Visit Website

Forest Service Organizational Directory

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Indian Affairs
General Contact

Visit Website

Edit Bureau of Reclamation
Hydropower Program: Power Resources Office Directory

Visit Website

Edit National Park Service
Hydropower Licensing Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources