From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Arkansas

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Arkansas Hydropower Transmission & Interconnection(8-AR)

In Arkansas, a developer may need to obtain a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity from the Arkansas Public Service Commission to construct or operate any new equipment or a facility supplying a public service. A developer may also need to obtain a Certificate of Environmental Compatibility and Public Need from the Arkansas Public Service Commission before constructing a major utility facility.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Permitting at a Glance

Regulated Entity Definition: A public service, in part, includes any product or commodity furnished and the plant, equipment…and facilities employed by any public utility…” Ark. Code Ann. §23-1-1(12) (2017). A public utility is defined, in part, as “persons and corporations… owning or operating equipment or facilities for producing, generating, transmitting, delivering or furnishing electricity for the production of light, heat, or power to or for the public for compensation.” Ark. Code Ann. §23-1-101(9) (2017).
Transmission Interconnection Request Process (Interconnection Request): Arkansas does not currently have a state specific interconnection request process.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources