From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Washington Bulk Transmission Waste & Hazardous Material Assessment(18-WA)

Developers must obtain a Dangerous Solid Waste Permit from WSDE if they handle dangerous solid wastes and they are classified as a generator, transporter, or any other classification listed in WAC 173-303-020. Transmission line developers generally do not generate a significant amount of dangerous solid waste, however, they must adhere to this process in the limited scenarios where they do generate such waste. Developers dealing with wastes categorized as “dangerous wastes” under WAC 173-303-070 will be required to obtain a Dangerous Solid Waste Permit. Developers must submit a Demonstration of Compliance with Siting Criteria, then an application to WSDE for review. WSDE must provide public notice of any decision on the application, and allow for public comment. [1] Developers may be required to participate in a public hearing. [2]

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources

  1. WAC - 173-303 Dangerous Waste Regulations (2009). 282(4)(d)
  2. WAC - 173-303 Dangerous Waste Regulations (2009). 282(4)(d)(ii)(B)