From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Texas Bulk Transmission Biological Resource Assessment(12-TX)

Developers must obtain a permit from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) to relocate a threatened or endangered species. Threatened species are listed in 31 TAC 65.175. Endangered species are listed in 31 TAC 65.176. Developers must hire a qualified environmental consultant to remove and relocate a listed species. The qualified environmental consultant will then apply for a Letter of Authorization from TPWD to relocate the listed species. Upon approval, the TPWD will issue a Letter of Authorization to the environmental consultant to capture and relocate the listed species.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.