RAPID/BulkTransmission/Quebec/Land Access

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Quebec Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-QC)

In Quebec, a developer may need a Highway-Right-of-Way Authorization from the Quebec Ministry of Transportation (Ministry) to encroach or construct upon a Ministry managed road right-of-way (i.e., provincial or regional highway) or install or maintain power transmission equipment along or within a highway right-of-way. Quebec – Act Respecting Roads, R.S.Q. 1992, c. V-9.

There is not a specific provincial land right-of-way approval in Quebec, however a developer must ensure that the bulk transmission project complies with provincial and local land use plans.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.