RAPID/BulkTransmission/New Mexico/Waste

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

New Mexico Bulk Transmission Waste & Hazardous Material Assessment(18-NM)

Developers may be required to obtain a Hazardous Waste Permit from NMED if their project will involve “hazardous wastes” as defined in the New Mexico Hazardous Waste Act (NMHWA). “Hazardous waste” is defined by the NMHWA as any solid waste or combination of solid wastes that because of their quantity, concentration or physical, chemical or infections characteristics may: cause or significantly contribute to any increase in mortality or an increase in serious irreversible or incapacitating reversible illness; or pose a substantial present or potential hazard to human health or the environment when improperly treated, stored, transported, disposed of or otherwise managed. NMSA 74-4 Developers must be issued an EPA Identification Number by NMED prior to submitting an application. Developers may be required to participate in a public hearing, and NMED will respond to any comments made during the hearing. NMAC 20.4 Hazardous Waste

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.