From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Nevada Bulk Transmission Biological Resource Assessment(12-NV)

Nevada has a particular state notification and review process for all energy projects, including utility facilities as defined in NRS 704.860, that may affect state biological resources. The process is governed by NRS 701.600 et seq.

For energy projects subject to NRS 701.600 et.seq., developers must provide a Notice of Energy Development Project to the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW). Within 30 days, the NDOW forwards a copy of the Notice to the Nevada State Office of Energy. Depending on the project’s potential impact to biological resources, the developer may need to apply for an Incidental Take Permit and develop a Habitat Conservation Plan pursuant to Section 10(a)(1)(B) of the Endangered Species Act (ESA). The process of obtaining an Incidental Take Permit involves three phases: development of a Habitat Conservation Plan phase, a formal permit processing phase, and a post-issuance phase.

Nevada's Energy Planning and Conservation Fund and the Fund for the Recovery of Costs, is a recoupment program to reimburse the NDOW for the cost of consultation. The developer pays a particular recoupment fee before consultation with the NDOW begins. For transmission line projects the initial fee is $5,000 for projects greater than 50kV and less than 50 miles in length or $10,000 for projects greater than 50kV and more than 50 miles in length.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources