RAPID/BulkTransmission/Mississippi/Land Access

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Mississippi Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-MS)

In Mississippi, a developer may need a State Land Right-of-Way Easement or Lease from the appropriate agency to access state lands. A developer may also need a State Highway Right-of-Way Encroachment Permit from the Mississippi Department of Transportation for projects that encroach on a state highway right-of-way.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Permitting at a Glance

Mississippi Federal

State Land Right-of-Way: Any association or corporation may need a State Land Right-of-Way Easement or Lease from the state agency with jurisdiction to construct electric lines in, on, or above state owned real property.
State Land Right-of-Way Agency: State agency with jurisdiction
State Highway Right-of-Way: Utilities may need State Highway Right-of-Way Encroachment Permit to place utility lines upon state highway rights-of-ways and abutting properties. 37-04002 Miss. Code. R. §1100.
State Highway Right-of-Way Agency: Mississippi Department of Transportation
Eminent Domain: Only joint municipal electric power companies have the authority of eminent domain pursuant to Miss. Code. Ann. § 77-5-773, Eminent Domain (1978).