RAPID/BulkTransmission/Hawaii/Construction & Transportation

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Hawaii Bulk Transmission Construction & Transportation Permits(6-HI)

In Hawaii, a bulk transmission developer may need a State Land Right-of-Way to access state lands. Hawaii – Haw. Rev. Stat. Ann. §§ 171-95 et seq., Disposition to Government Agencies and Public Utilities. A developer may also need a Use and Occupancy Permit and/or a Permit to Construct Upon a State Highway from the Hawaii Department of Transportation Highways Division (HDTHD) to perform construction adjacent to and within the highway right-of-way, and/or park on a restricted section of highway under state jurisdiction. H.A.R. 19-105. A developer may also need approval from HDTHD to cross or enter the State Energy Corridor on Oahu.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.