From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Hawaii Bulk Transmission Biological Resource Assessment(12-HI)

If a developer proposes activity within an area containing endangered or threatened species and the activity might result in the incidental take of a member of those species, the developer should obtain an incidental take permit through the Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DFW). The state process is regulated under H.R.S. 195D-21. The process requires the developer to submit a Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) to DFW and the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) (or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). HCPs are subject to approval by DFW and FWS (or NOAA) after an extensive review and consultation process. Upon approval of a final HCP, the agencies will issue an incidental take permit.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.