From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Canada Bulk Transmission Biological Resource Assessment(12-CAN)

In Canada, a bulk transmission developer may need an authorization or permit from the Environment and Climate Change Canada (Department), as well as local government, to identify and mitigate any activities associated with a project that may disturb, harm or kill migratory birds, nests or eggs. A bulk transmission developer may also need a Species at Risk Act Permit from either Parks Canada Agency, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and/or Environment and Climate Change Canada for projects that may "kill, harm, harass, capture or take an individual of a wildlife species that is listed as an extirpated species, an endangered species or a threatened species." S.C. 2002, c. 29, ss. 32(1), 73(1).

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.