From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

California Bulk Transmission Biological Resource Assessment(12-CA)

Developers must obtain an Incidental Take Permit from the California Department of Fish & Wildlife (CDFW) if their project will result in a “taking” of a California endangered or protected species. Under California law, “take” means to “hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill, or attempt to hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill.” California Fish and Game Code Section 86 Developers must submit an Incidental Take Permit to CDFW for review. Developers may be required to undertake mitigation measures to avoid or lessen negative impacts on protected species.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.