RAPID/BulkTransmission/British Columbia/Land Access

From Open Energy Information
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

British Columbia Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-BC)

In British Columbia, a bulk transmission developer may need a Statutory Right-of-Way or Easement from Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources Operations (Ministry) to access Crown lands for public or private utility development including electric transmission lines. Land Act, RSBC 1997, c. 245 s. 40. A bulk transmission developer may also need a Utility Permit from the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation to use or occupy a provincial highway right-of-way.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.