Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
The Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES), located in Oxford, United Kingdom, is a center for research into the economic and political areas of energy issues. The research focuses on:
- the economics of petroleum, gas, coal, nuclear power, solar and renewable energy;
- the politics and sociology of energy;
- the international relations of oil-producing and oil-consuming nations;
- the economic development of oil-producing countries and the energy problems of other developing countries; and
- the economics and politics of the environment in its relationship with energy.