National Grid (Mass Electric) - Small Business Energy Efficiency Program (Massachusetts)

From Open Energy Information


Last modified on May 23, 2011.

Financial Incentive Program

Place Massachusetts

Name National Grid (Mass Electric) - Small Business Energy Efficiency Program
Incentive Type Utility Loan Program
Applicable Sector Commercial, Industrial
Eligible Technologies Lighting, Lighting Controls/Sensors, Programmable Thermostats, Time Clocks, Occupancy Sensors, Walk-in Coolers
Active Incentive No
Implementing Sector Utility
Energy Category Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs
Amount 0% interest, with a term of up to 24 months


References DSIRE[1]


National Grid (Mass Electric) Small Business Program is for business customers with an average demand use of 200 kilowatts or less (or 40,300 kilowatt-hours or less) per month. The program aids qualifying commercial customers in installing energy efficient equipment. National Grid (Mass Electric) provides a free energy audit and report of recommended energy efficiency improvements. If company chooses to make recommended improvements, National Grid will pay 80% of the cost of the installation of energy efficient equipment. The remaining 20% can be paid off in the form of a zero interest loan over a maximum period of 24 months. Eligible energy efficient equipment includes: lighting upgrades, energy efficient time clocks, photo cells for outdoor lighting, occupancy sensors, programmable thermostats, and walk-in cooler measures. Customers can register online at the website listed above for a free energy audit.

Commercial and industrial customers who are interested in improving their energy efficiency, but who do not qualify for the Small Business program, may still qualify for other financing options offered by National Grid (Mass Electric). Customers should contact the Business Service Office for more information.

Incentive Contact

Contact Name National Grid Energy Efficiency

Phone (800) 628-8413
Phone 2 (800) 787-1706


  • Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.[1]


  1. 1.0 1.1  "Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)"