MHK Projects/Agucadoura

From Open Energy Information

<< Return to the MHK database homepage

Loading map...
Project Profile
Project Start Date 1/1/2008

Project City 5 km off Agucadoura, NULL
Project Country Portugal
Project Resource
Click here
Coordinates 41.4306°, -8.7861°
Project Phase Phase 3
Project Details On September 23, 2008, Aguçadoura went online. The 3 unit wave park is a joint venture with 77% owned by a group of three promoters comprising global specialist asset manager, Babcock & Brown, Energias de Portugal (EDP) and Efacec and Pelamis Wave Power Ltd. who hold the remaining 23%. The second phase of the project will be to manufacture and install a further 25 machines and bring the installed capacity up to 21MW. The generators are located approximately 3 miles off the coast.
Project Installed Capacity (MW) 2

Number of Devices Deployed 3

Main Overseeing Organization Pelamis Wave Power formerly Ocean Power Delivery

Project Licensing
Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Efforts See Tethys

<< Return to the MHK database homepage