MHK ISDB/Instruments/Kongsberg M3 Multibeam Echosounder
< MHK ISDB
Kongsberg M3 Multibeam Echosounder
Basic, with sync, and VDSL options.
The M3 Sonar is a 2D multibeam system with imaging and profiling capabilities. The M3 Sonar provides high-resolution and easy to interpret images by combining the rapid refresh rate of conventional multibeam sonar with image quality comparable to a single-beam sonar.
- Altitude (Position)
- Bathymetry (Position)
- Scour (External Environment)
- Biofouling (External Environment)
- Abundance (Animal Detection)
- Individual (Animal Detection)
- Presence (Animal Detection)
- Behavior (Animal Identification)
- Morphology (Animal Identification)
- Depth (Animal Tracking)
- Geodetic Position 2D (Animal Tracking)
- Orientation (Animal Tracking)
- Position (Animal Tracking)
- Velocity (Animal Tracking)
- Local Position less than 10km (Ship Tracking)
- Trajectory (Ship Tracking)
- Local Presence less than 10km (Ship Detection)
Range: 0.2 m to 150 m
Range Resolution: 1 cm
Frequency: 500 kHz
Pulse Types: CW, CHIRP
Field of view, beamwidth, angular resolution, and update rate all depend on operational mode
No optional sensors provided. Please add sensors.
Guides and Manuals
Notes, Considerations & Recommendations
Specification sheet is example. See website for different versions.