Bioenergy Grant Program
(Redirected from MDA - Bioenergy Grant Program)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Bioenergy Grant Program|
|Incentive Type||State Grant Program|
|Applicable Sector||Agricultural, Commercial, Industrial|
|Eligible Technologies||Biodiesel, Biomass, Ethanol|
|Incentive Inactive Date||2013-03-18|
|Energy Category|| Renewable Energy Incentive Programs
|Maximum Incentive|| Bioenergy producers: $500,000|
Research and Outreach: $500,000
|Program Administrator||Minnesota Department of Agriculture|
|References||Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency|
Note: This program is currently not accepting applications. Check the program web site for information regarding future funding opportunities.
The Minnesota Legislature appropriated $2.5 million to the Minnesota Department of Agriculture for bioenergy grants in FY 2012. Eligible projects include:
1. Facilities that produce bioenergy, or that will produce bioenergy by June 30, 2013, including biomass-based transportation fuels, biomass-based commercial heat, industrial process heat, or electrical power.
2. Organizations that provide on-station, on-farm field-scale research and outreach, including those that develop and test crops used for bioenergy systems.
3. Non-governmental entities that provide business development services and structures for community ownership of bioenergy facilities.
Grants are limited to 50% of the total project cost, or $500,000. Applications for the third project type are limited to $150,000. Applicants must provide at least 25% of their cost match in cash. Applications for FY 2012 were due November 4th, 2011.
|Contact Name||Kevin Hennessy|
|Department||Minnesota Department of Agriculture|
|Address||625 North Robert Street|
|Place||St. Paul, Minnesota|
Authorities (Please contact the if there are any file problems.)
|Authority 1:||Minn. Stat. § 41A.105|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.
- "Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "DSIRE" defined multiple times with different content