Are there any existing or planned low carbon or clean energy cooperation programs with bilateral and multilateral donors?
- Asian Development Bank; Economics of Climate Change and Low Carbon Growth Strategies in Northeast Asia
- REN21's International Action Programme
- REN21 has established a database of voluntary actions pledged by stakeholders to advance renewable energy deployment with approximately 350 commitments gathered from the 2004 Bonn Renewable Energy Conference and 2008 Washington Renewable Energy Conference. The aim is to maintain a database of pledges and to conduct peridical review and evaluation of the pledges to understand their impact in terms of GHG emission reduction, job opportunities, and other aspects.
- UNEP-Risoe CDM/JI Pipeline Analysis and Database
- The UNEP Risoe CDM/JI Pipleine Analysis and Database is a website that provides analysis results and lists of projects submitted to the Clean Development Mechanism and Joint Implementation Kyoto Protocol mechanisms of the carbon market. The website includes lists of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects organized by country and project type. The lists can be downloaded as Excel spreadsheets. The website also includes a library of CDM guidebooks that can be downloaded as PDF files.
How can existing networks support assessments, policy best practice, information sharing, and expert technical assistance and training?
- Coordinated Low Emissions Assistance Network (CLEAN)
- CLEAN aims to improve communication and coordination by bringing together national and international organizations that are assisting developing countries with preparation and implementation of low greenhouse gas emission plans and strategies. This includes support for technology needs assessments, for low carbon and clean energy development plans, and for technology roadmaps and deployment programs.
- Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21)
- REN21 convenes international multistakeholder leaders with the aim of enabling a rapid global transition to renewable energy. REN21 promotes renewable energy to meet the needs of both industrialized and developing countries that are driven by climate change, energy security, development and poverty alleviation.
How can regional and global implementation networks (private sector, finance organizations, donors, etc.) provide input on international cooperation and investment opportunities?
Alignment of International Efforts
How can TNAs, NAMAs, and LCGPs be most effectively aligned? CLEAN document to be added