Institute of Energy for South-East Europe
The Institute of Energy for South-East Europe (IENE), located in Athens, Greece, is a non-profit organization focused on studying energy issues and disseminating information to professionals and the public.
IENE is focused on these issues:
- "Production, transportation and distribution of electricity. (Including fossil fuels, hydroelectricity and nuclear energy),
- Exploration and production of hydrocarbons, including natural gas. (upstream),
- Refining, marketing and distribution of oil products (downstream),
- Development and utilisation of all forms of renewable energy sources,
- Energy conservation in the domestic and industrial sectors,
- Heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings,
- Waste management in conjunction with energy production and usage,
- Environmentally clean energy production based on conventional fuels,
- Development and utilisation of hydrogen as a new energy fuel."